Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Big Day!!!

First off.... We made it to 18 weeks today!!! YAY NEMO!!!!!!!

So... its been an eventful day.

Last night when I got home from work I was STARVING and ready to eat my steering wheel if I didnt get out of my car soon. I came in, turned on the stove with a pot of water and went in the bedroom to watch The Biggest Loser while I waited for it to boil.

After about 10 min I smelled something weird. I went to the kitchen and the whole house was filled with smoke. FILLED. I accidently turned on the wrong burner and instead of boiling water I burnt oil in a pan. As I ran outside to breathe, Joe took the pan outside to dump the hot oil. I started to walk back inside and slipped on some oil that spilled on the floor.

I woke up today with an ache on my left side so I talked to my drs office and they wanted me to go to the hospital and get an ultrasound.

We went in and first off, that freaking hospital is FAR from our house. Im not really looking forward to the long ass drive when Im screaming in pain. The hospital is gorgeous!! It feels very "homey" and the people (except for the ultrasound tech who basically ignored me) were SUPER nice and helpful. Plus I love how they pamper the new moms there :)

So the actual ultrasound was good. I heard if you drank a little bit of juice that it gets the baby more active. BOY was that right! This little one was going crazy in there and wouldnt stay still long at all. I was glad everything looked good.

At the end we asked to find out if it was a boy or a girl.

OK.... Ive been feeling like this was a boy for the longest time. Everyone was expecting a boy, including me. We had the perfect name picked out and everything.

Well, way to throw us for a loop. This is what we saw....



This is the little booty and legs from the bottom view. Imagine if the baby was sitting on a table. This is the tables view.

Its a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt there, nothing hanging out between the legs!!!!

Im so excited. Ive wanted a little girl ever since I was little. Dont get me wrong, I wanted a little boy, too. But a little girl has always been my dream. And my Mom and I were always so close.... I want that with my little girl. And now I have her!!!!

My precious daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im on cloud 9. My little girl is perfect and we'll get to see her again on Nov 10. Im blessed. She has made my day life so much better from here on out.

I cant wait to meet her!!!

















1 comment:

  1. AWWW! I LOVE HINEY SHOTS!!!

    Congrats on your little lady, and making it to 18 weeks! I'm glad everything is okay in there. Scary!

    We had a VERY similar experience the first time around - we were all convinced it was gonna be a boy too, for some reason. WRONG!

    Oh! And don't feel bad. . .I turned on the wrong burner and melted a spatula. :( Pregnancy brain SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete